We do update this Policy from time to time so please review this policy regularly.
1. When We Collect Your Data
We may collect and record your data when:
- You visit our website, make a purchase online, over the phone or at one of our events.
- You make an online purchase and check-out as a guest.
- You draft an order in your shopping basket and abandon it before checking out online.
- You contact us by any means, in particular with queries or complaints.
- You enter prize draws or competitions and give your consent.
- You complete surveys that we have sent to you either by post or electronically.
- You comment on or review our products, services or content.
- You fill in any forms either in person or electronically.
- You have given consent for a Third Party to share your data with us.
2. Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website, newsletters and customer database we may, with your consent, collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Details of your interactions with us via email, online, in-person or via telephone.
- Details of your shopping preferences and search trends.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register as a user, opt-in to join our mailing list or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- Biographical and contact information to fulfil our contractual obligations, purchase orders, invoicing, customer accounts, etc.
- Payment card information.
- Any comments or product reviews you choose to submit on our channels.
- Technical information such as your internet connection and browser so we can deliver the best possible web experience.
- Social media details if you interact with us via those channels so that we can respond and answer any questions or concerns.
Note: Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to request all the data we hold about you and have it amended and/or deleted at your request. If you would like to do this, then please let us know via email at email@example.com.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information, please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
4. How We Hold And Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from you to provide our best customer service and fulfil our contractual obligations. You can change how we use your personal data by getting in touch with our team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use your information to:
- Provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- Answer any questions, concerns or complaints.
- Provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you with your consent.
- Inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- Protect our business and your account from any illegal activity, including use of your personal data to maintain and safeguard your account.
- Process payments and avoid fraudulent transactions as part of our legitimate business interests.
- Contact you when we have legitimate interest that does not materially impact your freedom, rights or interests.
- Administer any competitions or prize draws you consent to entering.
- Send you survey and feedback requests.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
You are free to opt out of hearing from us at any time.
5. Contractual Obligations
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
6. Protecting Your Data
We take reasonable steps to protect our customers and visitors. We secure access to all transaction areas of our website and apps by https security.
Access to your personal data is password-protected and sensitive data is secured by SSL encryption.
All members of our staff receive data protection training to ensure your data is protected.
7. Keeping Your Data
We only keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected. After this period, your data will be deleted completely or made anonymous.
When you place an order with us, we’ll keep your personal data you gave us for six years so that we can comply with any legal and contractual obligations. You have the right to access or amend your data at any time.
8. Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
We may provide your data to certain Third Parties to fulfil our contractual obligations and legitimate business interests. However, we will only do so under the following policy:
- We share only the information needed to perform their specific service.
- They may only use your data for the exact purpose we specify in our contract with them.
- We ensure they take every reasonable step to protect your privacy and ensure it is respected.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will be deleted or made anonymous.
Under this policy, we share your personal data with trusted Third Parties such as:
- Delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our communications with you.
Only with your consent, we share your personal data with:
- Google and social media networks to show you products you might be interested in.
9. Third Party Links
10. Access to Information
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and Data Protection Act 1998 you have certain rights relating to what and how we hold your personal data.
You have the right to request:
- Access to any personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
- The amendment or correction of your personal data.
- Withdraw your consent or object to any data we hold about you.
- We delete or make anonymous data held about you where we have no legitimate overriding interest.
- That we stop using your data for direct-marketing.
11. Contacting Us
Please do not hesitate to contact Gvino Ltd regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies Policy by:
- Email: email@example.com
To protect your information we will request proof of your identity. If you have authorised a Third Party to act on your behalf, they will also need to prove they have your permission to act.